Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, August 06, 2021

Russell M. Nelson - What We Are Learning and Will Never Forget

 One of the things that caught my eye that we learned from the pandemic - 

"Brethren, you bear the priesthood of God. “The rights of the priesthood are inseparably connected with the powers of heaven.”3 You and your family have received priesthood ordinances. It is “in the ordinances [of the priesthood that] the power of godliness is manifest.”4 That power is available to you and your family in your own home as you keep the covenants you have made.

Adding - 

"You may feel that there is still more you need to do to make your home truly a sanctuary of faith. If so, please do it! If you are married, counsel with your wife as your equal partner in this crucial work. There are few pursuits more important than this. Between now and the time the Lord comes again, we all need our homes to be places of serenity and security."

Even though there was an increase in our home of gospel discussion on the Sabbath, I recognize that this should continue after Covid.