Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

D&C 84

 As we are taught concerning the Spirit of Jesus Christ or the Light of Christ, we learn - 

"...the Spirit giveth light to every man that cometh into the world; and the Spirit enlighteneth every man through the world, that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit."  (Doctrine and Covenants 84:46)

I note that enlightenment only comes to those that hearken to Light of Christ.  And thus we learn - 

"...the whole world lieth in sin, and groaneth under darkness and under the bondage of sin.
50 And by this you may know they are under the bondage of sin, because they come not unto me.
51 For whoso cometh not unto me is under the bondage of sin."  (Doctrine and Covenants 84:49–51)

Thus, by the Lord's definition - 

"...by this you may know the righteous from the wicked..."  (Doctrine and Covenants 84:53)

Obviously, this includes members of the Church.