Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

1 Nephi 21

As the Lord describes how Israel will be captive and ineffective in the work of the Lord for many generations, He promises that in the latter days a great gathering as promised by Abraham that Israel  -

"...shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
10 They shall not hunger nor thirst, neither shall the heat nor the sun smite them; for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.
11 And I will make all my mountains (temple ordinances) a way, and my highways shall be exalted."  (1 Nephi 21:9–11)

For Israel shall have great success for -

"Then shalt thou say in thine heart: Who hath begotten me these, seeing I have lost my children, and am desolate, a captive, and removing to and fro? And who hath brought up these? Behold, I was left alone; these, where have they been?"  (1 Nephi 21:21)

We will be astonished in the last days as we realize His promises... "where did all these come from?"