Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Friday, May 10, 2019

Luke 19

We don't talk much about Zacchaeus, head of publicans, whom Jesus saw in a tree and said -

"...make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house."  (Luke 19:5)

Afterwards,  Zacchaeus declares to the Savior -

"...Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold."  (Luke 19:8)

Obviously, he was an honest, humble man of integrity.  The Savior knew that and told him -

"...This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham."
(Luke 19:9)