Scripture Blog

This weblog is my personal online scripture journal. I try to read the scriptures each morning as I exercise on my cross-trainer. It has a great impact on my life and my testimony of the Savior and his restored church. The journal is really for my own benefit but I have set it up as a web log in hopes to benefit anyone else that may be interested. "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost..." 1 Nephi 10:19

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Isaiah 24 - 29

When Isaiah speaks of the mountain or the mountain of the Lord, I believe he is referring to the Savior's restored Church in the latter days. I sense Isaiah is speaking as if in the latter days as he writes -

"O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth." (Old Testament Isaiah 25:1)

As I have studied the Old Testament, I also feel the Lord counsels to those of old have been exactly that, faithfulness and truth -

"For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall." (Old Testament Isaiah 25:4)

And in our day the his Church has been restored to bless the lives of all people, for -

"...in this mountain shall the LORD of hosts make unto all people a feast of fat things, a feast of wines on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wines on the lees well refined." (Old Testament Isaiah 25:6)

And with his army of missionaries -

"...he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations." (Old Testament Isaiah 25:7)

For the Savior himself said in our day -

"NOW behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.
2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." (Doctrine and Covenants Section 4:1 - 2)

"And again, this Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world, for a witness unto all nations..." (Pearl of Great Price JS-Matthew 1:31)

For the Lord -

"...will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it." (Old Testament Isaiah 25:8)

"And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
10 For in this mountain shall the hand of the LORD rest..." (Old Testament Isaiah 25:9 - 10)